Medical Billing is a payment practice within the United States health system. The process involves a health care provider submitting, and following up on, claims with health insurance companies in order to receive payment for service rendered, such as treatments and investigations. The same process is used for most insurance companies, whether they are private companies or government sponsored programs learn everything you need to know to start a new career as a Medical Billing & Coding Specialist.
Medical Transcription (MT) is the manual processing of voice reports dictated by physicians and other healthcare professionals into text format. Healthcare provider’s voice-record to their notes and transcriptionists convert the voice files to text, typically in digital format.
Who Should Attend?
Students how are graduated, having good spoken English, and their communications are well groomed can attend this course. Especially those students who want to do master’s degree but due to limited resources and short time he/she can do this course. This course does not require any previous medical back ground. Any aged learner (18 or older) is welcome.
Having this course you can subjected to many fields like medical biller & coder, Medical Transcriptionist a good CSR or Medical Billing regulations are complex and often change. Medical Transcription has been ranked as one of the top ten growth industries for home-based business or within a hospital or physician’s office, the duties of an MT are best suited for those persons who are able to concentrate for long periods of time, excel at using reference materials and have an ear for various dialects and accents.
- Introduction to Health Insurance
- Introduction of Medical Transcriptionist
- Anatomy, Physiology and Terminology
- Medical Laws and Ethics, Medical Office Skills
- The Insurance Claims Process
- ICD-9/10-CM Coding, CPT Coding
- Medical Documentation, Filing Commercial Claims
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid
- TRICARE, Workers Compensation
- Delinquent Claims & Insurance Problem Solving
- Computerized Billing, Career Development
- Career Path & Forecast for Professional MTs
- Learning Basic Medical Skills
- Patient record confidentiality
- Medical record documentation
- Electronic patient medical record
- Terminology for diseases, conditions, and treatment protocols
- Skill-Training for Transcriptionist
- Earning Potentials
- Job environment
- Medical Report