Cultural Awareness Training course is designed to improve intercultural competence of people. Cultural Awareness Training course includes introduction of cultural awareness, Cultural values and attitudes (time, space, group dynamics, authority, tasks, relationships), communication styles, cross-cultural management skills, working together across cultures, developing cultural awareness, language issues, tips and strategies for specific countries.
Who Should Attend?
These qualifications provide an introduction to the skills, qualities and knowledge required to work in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
The course provides an introduction to cultural awareness and how to communicate with diverse people from different cultures. The unit will be appropriate for those working, or planning to work in the sector, who deal with visitors and colleagues from a range of cultural backgrounds.
1. Cultural Awareness
- Understand what is meant by ‘culture’
- Understand the importance of effective communication with people from different cultures
- Know how to communicate with people from different cultures
2. Meet the Requirements of Customers in the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism Sector, with Specific Needs
- Understand the need to provide an accessible service
- Know how to communicate effectively with customers with specific needs
3. Principles of Customer Service within different cultures
- Understand the importance to the organization in providing excellent customer service in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries
- Understand the role of the individual in delivering customer service in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries
- Understand the importance of customers’ needs and expectations in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries