Whether it’s playing football, swimming, jogging, kick-boxing or walking, active people (people who have rigorous exercise routines or play sports), athletes or common people; all need to eat a nutritious, balanced diet to fuel their body. Good nutrition has basic ground rules. Following all the rules and getting plenty of practice will help active people and athletes feel great and their fitness levels can be improved drastically
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to knowledge and skills to assess the lifestyle of an individual, advice on lifestyle improvement and plan a health-related physical activity program can join this course. The course is particularly relevant for individuals aiming to work in the exercise and fitness industry or in health promotion.
The first part of the course introduces learners to the importance of lifestyle in the maintenance of health and wellbeing. Learners will examine physical activity, alcohol consumption, smoking, diet and stress, looking at how each factor can affect the health of an individual. Guidelines for physical activity, recommendations for, smoking cessation strategies, stress management techniques and dietary changes are covered. Learners will also develop an understanding of behavior change.
The second part of the unit requires learners to assess the lifestyle of an individual and use the information gathered to provide advice on lifestyle improvement. This includes planning a health-related physical activity program.
1. Know the importance of lifestyle factors in the maintenance of health and wellbeing
- Lifestyle factors that have an effect on health
2. Be able to assess the lifestyle of a selected individual
- Design and use a lifestyle questionnaire to describe the strengths and areas for improvement in the lifestyle of a selected individual
3. Be able to provide advice on lifestyle improvement
- Provide lifestyle improvement strategies for a selected individual
4. Be able to plan a health-related physical activity program for a selected individual
- Plan a six-week health-related physical activity program for a selected individual.